Stick Man wins Cristal at Annecy

It's been a remarkable week with Stick Man winning awards at festivals all over the world (Shanghai, Canada, Bangalore), but the cherry on the cake has definitely been our win at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival! We won the Cristal for best TV Production. This feels like an incredible moment; Annecy is the festival where I discovered the animation world outside Belgium for the time, and where my love for the medium truly intensified. My first visit was in 1997, a real eye opener.....and after several visits and being in competition with my films 'White love Potion', 'The masque of the Red Death', and TV series 'Bing', I am incredibly proud to be part of Annecy's 2016 palmares. It only took me 20 years, just like the first rule in studying animation; it's all about patience. Many thanks to Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler for the original story of Stick Man, Magic light Pictures for offering me this huge opportunity and Daniel Snaddon & Triggerfish Animation for an enjoyable 1,5 year of production. This Cristal is to all of us.